Thursday, October 23, 2008

The Experiment - A Final Compromise

Day 4 (Sunday) was pretty much a flop! Tom just couldn't seem to NOT remind them ... I think it was driving him crazy (regardless of how many times I would give him "the look").
So, Monday we explained the Experiment to them in a family meeting. I had hoped we would end up with a disturbingly, disastrous house ... but the truth is ... it wasn't all that bad! And, it wasn't entirely due to Tom's neurotic behavior Sunday. This is what we decided as a family:
1) Their chores will be done BEFORE they can watch TV or play any electronic game. The chores also include making their bed & picking up clothes ... as I mentioned before, this is something I think every person should do daily.
2) If they didn't do dishes on their night, they will still be responsible the next day.
3) Use common sense and pick-up after ourselves ... ongoing project!
4) Mom's going to chill out a bit! I stress easily, especially over the house ... and with this many people in a small house, I get stressed often. I believe their request was for a happy Mom ... I can handle a goal like that!

Speaking of loosening up ... we made a "Spider Web Pizza" for dinner last night (amongst a less than perfect house, I might add). The idea came from the October issue of Woman's Day magazine. I think Maddette & LooLoo enjoyed it the most ... they're the ones that helped!

1 comment:

mindyluwho said...

Good for you for sticking it out! And good luck "chilling out"!